Do you want to design a new business or redesign an existing one?
Are you searching for a clearer direction and a plan to take your business to the next level?
Whether you are wanting to design a brand new business, attract more clients, improve your marketing, create a new product or program, generate new income streams, or build a rock star team to support you, the Business Design Lab is where it all gets created!
Unlike any other business workshop or seminar, the Business Design Lab combines decades of experience of 2 brilliant power partners, Robert and Vanessa Shaw, who will work side-by-side with you in this highly interactive 2-day lab limited to a maximum of 18 participants. If you love to work and be supported in a highly hands-on way, this is for you! You’ll leave with new creative ideas, the most effective strategies and fired up and ready to implement a solid game plan to take your business to the next level.
who we are
- Robert Shaw (full bio) has over a 30 year international career in the United Nations and was appointed as the first Head of Innovation in the UN system. He is a global expert in innovation, technology and design thinking principles.
- Vanessa Shaw (full bio) has over a decade of working with startups to billion dollar companies and built a 7-figure business from scratch in 4 years, in a brand new country! She is an expert in helping business owners get out of their own way and translate their own gifts and brilliance into lucrative businesses. Vanessa has helped hundreds of businesses internationally to break through their upper limit.
I didn’t know what to expect out of Design Lab but I knew two days with Vanessa and Robert Shaw in a small group setting would be invaluable to me and my business. The process was completely unknown to me and I learned by the end to trust the process. What I got was not what I thought I wanted, it was so much better and a really key element to grow my business. Thank you Vanessa and Robert for a great experience and delivering fantastic results!
– Victoria Trafton, VictoriaTrafton.com
The Business Design Lab was a complete hit! Had the ability and direction to work through a new problem in my business. Brilliant work with the oversized worksheets!
– Bridges Conner, GetOrganizedwithBridges.com
100% Inspiration. Unexpected Results.
We believe that using design-driven tools are the best way to create and deliver great products, services and experiences. During the Business Design Lab, we’ll be using tools from fields like design thinking, service design and experience design to help you look at your business in a completely new way.
Our ‘Double Squiggle™’ process lets you not only gain insights into the what of the problem but also how to solve it.
The BUSINESS DESIGN LAB will take place at Venue 8600, located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Just off the 101 freeway, the address is 8600 E Anderson Dr, Scottsdale, AZ, 85255. The phone number is 480-478-6300.
Please arrive at 9:00am for registration and coffee. We will be starting at 9:30am sharp on Thursday, April 26, and ending at 5:00pm. On Friday, April 27, we will be starting at 9:30am and ending at 5:00pm.
We will provide coffee/tea breaks and lunch on both days. On Friday evening, you are invited to cocktails and a private dinner with Vanessa and Robert.
Parking & Transport
There is extensive free parking available at Venue 8600. Both Uber and Lyft operate in the Phoenix area, including from Phoenix International Sky Harbor Airport.
There are numerous possibilities for accommodation near Venue 8600. The closest hotel within walking distance is The Hilton Garden Inn. Special rates may be available if you cite you are attending a meeting at Venue 8600.
In Phoenix/Scottsdale, the month of April is characterized by rising daily high temperatures. The average high temperature measures 83°F (28°C) while the average low temperature is 57°F (14°C).
Please dress in layers as the temperature in the event room can be hard to regulate for everyone.
We promise two days that will transform your life and business!
- Kickstart with Business Design Lab Survey
- 2 days of hands-on creativity, innovation and business design uniquely tailored for you
- Follow-Up Implementation Call with Robert & Vanessa
- Cocktails & Dinner with Vanessa & Robert on Day 1 or 2